I'm Alf Seegert. I am a professor at the University of Utah and design board games. To learn about my current projects and past pursuits, please select from the links above.
- Rahdo Runs Through my game Heir to the Pharaoh, calling it "crackerjack smart" and a "very cleverly designed, very intense 2-player battle of wits."
- SpaceBiff's review of my latest board game, Heir to the Pharaoh: "...a tight, clever, brisk, artistically brilliant, and never-dull game for two that I’ll be happy to call mine for years to come."
- I'm happy to be working yet again with Red Raven Games. I'm writing story encounters and questlines for Ryan Laukat's epic storygame Near and Far, the sequel to Above and Below.
- For Fall 2016 I'm teaching The Lord of the Rings on Page and Screen, Intro to Critical Theory, and Video Games and Storytelling.
- My new game, Heir to the Pharaoh, comes out later this year. (15 years in the making!)
- Red Raven Games has published my latest game, Dingo's Dreams.
- I'm a writer for Ryan Laukat's exciting new storytelling board game Above and Below.
- AndHeGames recently interviewed me here.
- My latest game, MUSÉE, is now available!
- New Fantastiqa expansions include a special new card dedicated to Rich Sommer of Mad Men, who talked about Fantastiqa on BBC America's The Nerdist!
- Cubist, a new board game I co-designed with Steve Poelzing, is now available. Early reviews are in!
- Artistry in Games has a wonderful, art-filled review of Fantastiqa here.
- My new interactive fiction game Ritual is playable here.
- My new article "The Mistress of Sp[l]ices: Technovirtual Liaisons in Adolfo Bioy Casares’ The Invention of Morel" is now published in Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts. You can read it here.
- My article "Ewe, Robot" in Philip K. Dick and Philosophy is now available here.
- I recently wrote an article for "Why I Design Games" which goes into some detail about my game Fantastiqa.