I'm Alf Seegert. I teach at the University of Utah and design board games. To learn about my current projects and past pursuits, please select from the links above.
- My latest game, Heir to the Pharaoh, is now on Kickstarter.
- For Spring 2016 I'm teaching Digital Culture, Intro to Critical Theory, and Video Games and Storytelling.
- Red Raven Games is publishing my next game, Dingo's Dreams.
- I'm a writer for Ryan Laukat's exciting new storytelling board game Above and Below.
- AndHeGames recently interviewed me here.
- My latest game, MUSÉE, is now available!
- New Fantastiqa expansions include a special new card dedicated to Rich Sommer of Mad Men, who talked about Fantastiqa on BBC America's The Nerdist!
- Cubist, a new board game I co-designed with Steve Poelzing, is now available. Early reviews are in!
- Artistry in Games has a wonderful, art-filled review of Fantastiqa here.
- My new interactive fiction game Ritual is playable here.
- My new article "The Mistress of Sp[l]ices: Technovirtual Liaisons in Adolfo Bioy Casares’ The Invention of Morel" is now published in Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts. You can read it here.
- My article "Ewe, Robot" in Philip K. Dick and Philosophy is now available here.
- I recently wrote an article for "Why I Design Games" which goes into some detail about my game Fantastiqa.